Healthy House

(M.C.S. - Multiple Chemical Sensitivity)

HealthyHouse

People disabled by multiple chemical sensitivity (M.C.S.) face a severe housing shortage. Due to their extreme sensitivities to formaldehyde, mold, glues, solvents, paints, carpets and many other materials, most regular houses are unsuitable for these people. A newly built conventional house would probably need at least ten years of off-gassing to make the building products tolerable. By then, the building will generally have become contaminated from people living the conventional lifestyle using pesticides, fragrances, laundry products, cigarettes etc.

Mold may by then also become a problem to these extremely sensitive people, even in a desert setting.